- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Address / Hours / Contact
- Arrival / Reentry
- Bag Checks
- Code of Conduct
- Dress Code
- Emergency Procedures
- Food & Beverage
- Lost & Found
- Productions / Intermissions
- Prohibited Items
- Service Animals
- Weapons Policy
- Wheelchairs / Hearing Devices
At the MISD Center for the Performing Arts Center, the health and safety of our guests, performers and staff is our number one priority. In keeping with district guidance, all visitors to a Mansfield ISD school or facility must schedule an appointment before gaining access. When visiting The MISD Center for the Performing Arts for a meeting or event that has not been scheduled, guests must call ahead to 817-299-1230.
We are working closely with local health authorities and keeping abreast of all applicable health advisories. Additionally, our leaders are continuously communicating with our employees about illness prevention, including using the guidance of the CDC and local health officials.
Examples of our enhanced health and safety protocols include:
- Training for all employees on health and safety procedures
- Defined procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to hand washing facilities and hand sanitizers for guests and employees
- Frequent cleaning and monitoring of all high-touch areas before, during, and after events
- End of event sanitation procedures for the entire venue
- Requesting guests and employees to stay home if they are feeling ill
Your health and safety are important to us. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, such as staying home when sick, washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
We recommend everyone stay informed on COVID-19. Resources include:
• Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
• Public Health – https://www.dshs.texas.gov/regions/
The MISD Center for the Performing Arts, located at 1110 W Debbie Ln, Mansfield, TX 76063, is open daily Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Please note the office may be unavailable on school holidays or when MISD is closed.
Our main reception area number is 817-299-1230. To get detailed directions to our venue, visit the Locations and Directions webpage.
The Center for Performing Arts doors typically open one (1) hour prior to the event time but may vary according to the event. For the most accurate information for arrival times, we always suggest you contact the event sponsor.
The Center for Performing Arts has a "no re-entry" policy during events. Guests who wish to return a personal or prohibited item to their vehicle, or for any reason need to exit and re-enter, must first make contact with a Manager on Duty to make necessary arrangements.
All guests entering the theatre during an event may be subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection and/or a bag inspection conducted by security personnel.
The purpose of the inspection is to detect prohibited items. The venue strictly prohibits backpacks (zipped bags) and large oversized bags.
While this procedure is not always used, it should be expected at large-scale events such as guest artist performances and graduations.
The Mansfield Center for the Performing Arts is committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable entertainment experience. The following outlines our code of conduct:
- Guests have a right to expect an environment where all venue personnel will treat them in a consistent, professional and courteous manner.
- Guests will enjoy every event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- For ticketed events with assigned seats, guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the stage will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- No alcohol is permitted.
- Guests will not smoke at the venue.
- There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Guests will also be responsible for their own good time by reporting inappropriate behavior.
The Center for Performing Arts venue staff has been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with other guests' ability to enjoy an event.
Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest.
We thank you for your cooperation.
The Center for Performing Arts recognizes that its goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable atmosphere and works on a continuing basis with the Mansfield City Fire Department, the Mansfield ISD Police Department and other agencies in the development of specific Emergency Procedures Plans for each event.
The use of installed automated security systems, appropriate security operating plans, trained guest services and security personnel ensures the security and safety of all guests, performers and employees at The Center for Performing Arts.
- In the case of an emergency, guests must comply with requests from venue staff regarding theatre operations and emergency response procedures.
- In the event of a medical emergency during a show, please seek assistance from any center staff or the Manager on Duty who will assist in calling for outside medical aide.
Guests may not bring food and/or beverage items into the theatre. Occasionally, concessions are sold at an event. These items are to be consumed in the lobby and to disposed of or taken to your car prior to entering the theatre.
The MISD Center does not check-in or store food or beverage items for guests. Guests with specific/special dietary needs due to medical conditions or religious requirements should contact, The Center's receptionist at 817-299-1230 prior to the event to make arrangements.
For the most accurate information on a specific event, please contact your event’s organizer.
All lost and found items are to taken to the reception desk. Guests should visit the reception desk, located near the main lobby, during the event to inquire about lost items. After the conclusion of an event, if the lost item is not retrieved, guests may contact The Center for Performing Arts at 817-299-1230 to inquire about the lost item. The Center for Performing Arts management assumes no responsibility for items lost at events.
Parking is absolutely free at The Center. Our 2,000 parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Disabled parking spots as well as a designated Drop Off are located in front of the building.
No overnight parking is allowed at our venue. Tailgating, grilling, open flames or consumption of alcoholic beverages are also prohibited.
For school productions and performances, please contact the event’s organizer regarding any photography or video restrictions.
For ticketed events purchased through The Center, no commercial or flash photography of any kind is permitted unless authorized by the promoter/ performers. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment is also prohibited. Specifically, the use of the following equipment is not permitted:
- Lenses greater than three-and-one-half inches in length
- Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
- Interchangeable lenses of any kind
- Monopods or tripods
- Flash equipment of any kind
If you have any questions, please call The Center's receptionist at 817-299-1230.
Please note that failure to comply with guidelines may result in ejection from the venue.
- Intentional or repeated failure to adhere to social distancing guidelines
- Advertising, selling or promoting any product (including, but not limited to, food and beverage items)
- Clothing with offensive or profane language
- Disorderly conduct
- Food and drinks, with the exception of bottled water
- Smoking/ Vaping
- Laser pointers
- Use of drones
- Parking lot wagons/ tailgating
- Balloons, confetti, and streamers
- Wandering away from the designated areas or into restricted areas
- Weapons of any kind, even if properly permitted or registered
- Any item deemed inappropriate for the event by MISD staff
Seating capacities vary depending on the setup required for every event.
For most concerts and programs occurring in our main theatre, the capacity is 4,200 seats. We also offer two side lecture halls that can be closed off for smaller presentations with available seating of 640 each. Please see our Seating Charts webpage for more information.
We ask guests to keep in mind that some sections of seating may be closed off at the request of the individual event’s coordinator. For detailed information about your event’s seating arrangements, please contact the individual event’s organizer.
Animals or pets of any kind are prohibited with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities and/or special needs. Services animals are welcomed into the building and must remain on a leash or harness at all times.
If you intend to bring a service animal into the building, please contact The Center's receptionist at 817-299-1230 prior to your arrival.
Tickets are typically sold and distributed by the specific event’s organizer. For larger district events such as guest artist concerts and graduations, tickets may be available for purchase online through our Event Calendar.
If you have questions about your event’s ticketing availability and procedures, please call The Center's receptionist at 817-299-1230. Office hours are Monday-Friday between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. with the exception of Mansfield ISD school holidays.
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the venue. The Center for Performing Arts does not provide weapon lockers. Weapons may not be checked in at the reception area.
Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas and knives.
Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venue or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the theatre and may be subject to arrest.
The MISD Center for the Performing Arts is committed to meeting the needs of all our guests as much as possible.
The Center has wheelchair accessible seats located throughout the venue. One companion is allowed per wheelchair seat. These seats can be seen on our seating diagrams and are notated follows:
Section 200 - Row U: Seats 5, 6, 12, 13
Section 201 - Row U: Seats 6, 7
Section 202 - Row U: Seats 6, 7
Section 203 - Row U: Seats 6, 7
Section 204 - Row U: Seats 2, 3, 9, 10
Section 300 - Row HH: Seats 2, 15
Section 304 - Row HH: Seats 2, 15
Section 400 - Row H: Seats 10, 11
Section 401 - Row H: Seats 13, 14
Section 402 - Row H: Seats 3, 4, 16, 17
Section 403 - Row H: Seats 6, 7, 19, 20
Section 404 - Row H: Seats 9, 10
Section 405 - Row H: Seats 2, 3
East Lecture Hall: Section 602 - Row A: Seats 2, 3 and Row BB: Seats 2, 3, 15, 16, 27, 28
West Lecture Hall: Section 601 - Row A: Seats 2,3 and Row BB: Seats 2, 3, 15, 16, 27, 28
These seats may be reserved through the normal purchase process for events where tickets are sold through our Event Calendar. For all other events where advanced online tickets are not available, please call our front desk receptionist at 817-299-1230 between the office hours of 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. to make arrangements.
The MISD Center for the Performing Arts may be able to offer hearing assistance devices and also has sign language interpreters available at some larger events. To ensure availability, please contact the receptionist at 817-299-1230 in advance to make arrangements.
Handicap parking is located at the front of the venue. There is also a front drop off parking area with a handicap ramp available directly in front of the main entrance that can be used for easy entry.
Wheelchair accessible restrooms are available throughout the venue and are clearly marked for easy access.